How to set up your Fit3d Body Scanner
Below, you will see a pdf link on how to set up your Fit3d Body Scanner.
The environment you set your scanner up in is very important - good room lighting, privacy, adequate space around the Fit3d Body Scanner, zero natural/sun light in the scanning room, no reflective surfaces in front of the Fit3d Body Scanner are all ESSENTIAL for successful Fit3d Body Scanning.
If you would our team to check your Fit3d Body Scanner set up, please email a quick video of the scanning room set up (incl the scanner, what is in front of the scanner, the whole room, lighting) to email@example.com.
Fit3d Set Up Guide for the V5+ - For new purchases made from November 10th 2021 onwards
Also, check out there 2 videos:
Fit3d-Set-Up-Guide-2021.pdf - For purchases made from October 2020 to October 2021
Fit3d Calibration - Important
*If you purchased your Fit3d Body scanner AFTER November 15th 2021 calibration is NOT required
Calibration is generally only required once, when you first receive your machine.
Your new ProScanner requires additional steps in order to ensure it is calibrated to capture scans in your facility's environment.
- Ensure that the room housing the ProScanner is as well-lit as possible (without natural lighting) for calibration purposes.
- Be sure to remove the plastic that covers the face of each camera on your camera tower.
- After setting up your system, once you open the Fit3D app on the tablet you may see a request to update the app. Please be sure to run this update and any future updates promptly as they are there to ensure you have all the necessary software to operate your ProScanner.
Once you have run any necessary updates, you will need to calibrate your cameras only once:
- Open the Fit3D app and allow the initial Diagnostics screen to complete its four tests.'
- After the tests are completed, click on the "Advanced Diagnostics" button.
- You will be prompted with three different diagnostics tests that require your assistance.
- Check Weight Scale -> Stand on the printed feet of the turntable and wait for the diagnostic to pass.
- Check Buttons -> Follow the screen prompts and test the handle buttons (Left button clicked, right button clicked, and lastly both buttons clicked).
- Calibrate Cameras -> Ensure that the housing room is well lit; as close to normal scanning conditions as possible (no natural light). STEP OFF OF THE SCALE AND MOVE OUT OF THE VISION OF THE CAMERAS. Click the "Calibrate" button to begin calibrating the cameras. This will take approximately 5 minutes to complete and will produce a checkmark when done.
Please ensure that no one is standing on the turntable and reduce the amount of movement or "noise" in front of the ProScanner entirely for a full 5 minutes while the cameras are calibrating.
After completing these steps, please run the ProScanner through a full power cycle. These steps are listed below:
- Full Power Cycle (ProScanner)
- Close ProScanner application
- Pull USB cable from camera tower
- Unplug ProScanner power connection, wait 10 seconds
- Re-connect ProScanner power and wait to fully calibrate (turntable will spin and stop when one full rotation is complete)
- Re-connect USB connection to tower
- Restart your tablet or laptop by clicking on the Windows button in the lower-left corner of your screen and clicking 'Restart'
- Start ProScanner application and wait for "connected" status
Once the above steps have been completed, you should be good to go!
Additional Fit3d Resources For Machine Owners
Click on the Resource Title for a link to the information :)